Monday, November 16, 2009

What is a "sweepstakes award" at the county fair?

I entered several photographs in my local county fair this past week, and they gave out several awards - Best of Show, Honorable Mention, etc., which I understand. I won a ribbon that says "Sweepstakes Award". Does anyone have any idea what that means?





I have always thought "sweepstakes" referred to a random selection out of a hat, so to speak. If that is the case, it is not much of an award!! :-)





Thanks.

What is a "sweepstakes award" at the county fair?
Sweepstakes Award means it is the best of the best and the highest award you can get!!!





Huge Congratulations on that!!! You are the Best of the Best in the County!!! WOW!!!





Yes, I have 2 of those rosettes and highly treasure them and the afghans I won them on.

student loan

No comments:

Post a Comment